Due to the congress postponement to 2022, the abstract submission deadline has been rescheduled to October 13, 2021 at 18:00 hours
Please note that submitted abstracts will remain valid for next year. However, should an author / abstract presenter wish to withdraw his/her abstract, he/she is kindly requested to notify the Congress Secretariat accordingly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference number of the abstract, he/she wants to withdraw.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented only in English.
- Individuals should submit material only if they, or a designee, are committed to registering for and attending the conference to present the paper or poster.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit.
- There are two types of presentations: oral and poster presentation.
- All abstracts must have conclusion/results completed by the submission date. Abstracts describing data that have not yet been collected and/or analyzed as of the abstract deadline will be rejected
- Registration is not mandatory in the submission process. However, all presenters must be registered for the conference by January 15, 2022, otherwise the abstract will not be included in the congress final program.
- You may indicate your presentation preference (oral or poster). The Abstract Selection Committee determines the final presentation format.
- Abstracts may be edited until the deadline for submission. After that date, no changes in content or authors may be made. Edits would include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes to the submissions are allowed; no exceptions.
- Abstracts selected for the WFNS 2022 cannot contain advertising, trade names or a product-group messages. Please include generic names or terms in your abstract content.
Information Required to Complete a Submission
- Main Author — Individual who is submitting the abstract. All correspondence will be done with the main author.
- Keywords (up to four)
- Abstract Body (300-word maximum) separated into:
- Objectives - At least two clear, and measurable learning objectives must be included with your abstract submission. Learning objectives are not included in the abstract word count.
- Background – A brief statement on why the study was conducted
- Methods – The method(s) of study or experimental approach must be briefly defined.
- Results – A summary of the study results, including sufficient details to support those conclusions must be described.
- Conclusions – A statement explaining the significance of the work and its implications for further research.
- List Authors — Up to 11 list authors can be included. Their full names with credentials, city and state or country must be included.
- Presentation Preference — Please note whether the preferred format is an Oral, poster, or both.
- Disclosure of conflict of interest — This is required for presenting author, as well as agreement with Terms and Conditions.
- The submitting author should choose one of the topics below:
- Skull base
- Neurovascular Surgery
- Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Education, Ethics, Socio-Economic
- Global Neurosurgery
Editing your Submission
- You may make any edits until the submission deadline on October 13, 2021, at 18:00 hours. Edits would include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes to the submissions are allowed; no exceptions. Please note that any typographical or spelling errors, improperly formatted titles, etc., will NOT be edited by anyone at the WFNS. It is the responsibility of the submitter to review and verify all work submitted.
- Submissions will be reviewed and scored by independent reviewers to ensure high quality scientific submissions are selected for presentation at the meeting. The following criteria will be used to score submissions:
- Title: clear description of presentation and its contents
- Conciseness, coherence, clarity and focus of presentation
- Innovativeness of ideas, methods and or approach
- Methodology: research design if an empirical study, including clearly stated questions, data sources, data collection procedures, analytic approach and results.
- Relevance, currency, appropriateness and significance of the topics/issue/problem
- Notifications of the Abstract Selection Committee's decision will be sent December 13, 2021 via email to the corresponding authors of all abstracts, regardless of the outcome.
- As Presenting Author, if you accept to present either an Oral Presentation or Poster, you must register and attend the WFNS 2022 Congress. Registration must be completed by January 15, 2022. If the presenting author does not complete registration by above date all accepted abstracts submitted by the presenting author will be declined.
- If you are unable to attend the WFNS 2022 Congress, a Change of Presenting Author Form must be completed and submitted by the registration deadline date of January 15, 2022. The new Presenting Author must then fulfill the registration requirement or the abstract will be declined. Fill out the form here and forward the completed form to No changes will be made without receipt of the completed form, including updated disclosure information. After the changes, all correspondence will then be addressed and sent to the new Presenting Author.
Important Dates for the WFNS 2022 Congress
- Submission Site Opens — April 04, 2020.
- Submission Site Closes — October 13, 2021 at 18:00 hours.
- Abstract Notifications — Emails will be sent in December 13, 2021 to each submission’s presenting author.
- Deadline for Presenting Author Change Form – January 15, 2022.
Deadline for Presenting Author to Complete Registration – January 15, 2022. The Presenting Authors for both Oral Presentations and E-posters must be registered by this date.